Welcome to the 2015 NOFA Summer Conference Registration
Online Registration and online camping selection will be open through the conference, however options such as dorm housing, meals and teacup raffle pre-purchase will close on August 8th.
Dorm Suites will not be available to purchase onsite, only standard dorms will be an option while availability of a room lasts. Meals maybe purchased onsite at the Franklin Dining Hall door. Please plan ahead to ensure you have housing & meals pre-purchased!
NEW LOCATION ON UMASS-AMHERST CAMPUS:
****Registration and Exhibit tent has moved back to the Campus Pond****
All attendees need to check in at the Registration Tent prior to heading to any workshops, this includes all Friday pre-conference attendees. Please plan accordingly to allow ample time to move through registration process.
Onsite Registration Hours
Thursday August 13th 4:00pm-7:00pm
Friday August 14th 7:00am-2:00pm & 5:00pm-7:00pm
Saturday August 15th 7:00am-2:00pm & 5:00pm-7:00pm
OTHER REGISTRATION QUESTIONS: Email, call or text Christine Rainville Registration Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 572-0816.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Early Bird Deadline: register by July 17, 2015 for the best pricing available.
- Standard Registration Fee: register by August 8, 2015 for standard registration fee.
- After August 8, increased onsite registration fees apply.
CREATIVE FINANCING FOR REGISTRATION!
- Become A Member/Renew NOFA membership: Receive a 20% discount on registration fee (standard member rate). Go to the online registration form, above (or download and mail in), click "Join NOFA," choose your chapter & membership level and begin receiving member rates with your Summer Conference registration.
- Youth Discount: Bring the whole family! Register two or more youths and receive a 20% discount off the child/teen registration fees. Mail in your downloaded paper registration form!
- Group Discount: Five or more people registering as a group receive a 10% discount (mail in registration form only).
- Farming Education Fund (FEF): Deadline extended to August 8th. Click here to apply. NOFA offers scholarships up to $80 for adults and teens in need, thanks to contributions from individuals and businesses. Those awarded $80 scholarships are required to do a four hour work shift during or prior to the conference. Farming Education Fund awards may be applied only to the three or two day main conference registration fees - not to housing, meals, one-day registration or pre-conference registration. Apply online, or contact Christine Rainville email@example.com or (508) 572-8016 for more info.
- Work Exchange (WE): For those looking for a full "NOFA Staff" experience, try Work Exchange! Volunteers need to arrive at UMass at 3pm on Thursday, August 13th and work 20 hours before & during the conference. WE volunteers receive FREE admission to main conference and events, free camping for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, a NOFA "Volunteer" t-shirt, Thursday staff dinner, an organic Saturday eve dinner, a $50 stipend with completion of responsibilities and our most sincere gratitude for all your valuable efforts. Click here to apply. Questions? Contact David Murray-> firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-324-5186
- Beginner Farmer Scholarship: Beginning Farmers (farming less than 10 years) who are also NOFA Members are strongly encouraged to apply for financial assistance. Beginning Farmer Scholarships subsidize 50% of registration fees. Scholarship funds may NOT be used to pay for meals or housing. Non-members may apply but will need to join NOFA/Mass before funds are awarded. You may sign up to become a NOFA/Mass member click here. Upon BF scholarship approval, you will receive an email with a discount code that you will need to use when registering for the Summer Conference. Please allow a 3-5 day response time. Deadline to apply is August 2nd. Click here to apply.
- Conference scholarships for humane livestock producers! Food Animal Concerns Trust (FACT) is now accepting applications from humane livestock and poultry producers for scholarships to several sustainable agriculture conferences, including the NOFA Summer Conference. Please visit www.fundafarmer.org/scholarships to view the full list of eligible conferences, download the application, and read the scholarship guidelines. Scholarships will be granted to eligible applicants on a first come, first served basis. Funding is limited, so apply today! If you have additional questions after reviewing the guidelines and application, please contact FACT at email@example.com